About This Site

A comprehensive site outlining the causes, management and solutions to the homeless mentally ill.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

More on this site

Well, things have been going well as I try and figure out how this stuff works. I managed to get a feed installed, after much conundrum, from a discussion group I started with Google. It only took a couple of days to figure out. Then I managed to get a subscription button happening which I hope will give you updates of the latest posts. I haven't tried it out yet.

It seems so far there are about 30 hits per day which I guess isn't bad for just starting out. I haven't hit the spiders for web searches. We're at the bare beginning. I have no idea how many people are subscribed to this site, which is all just as well.

I've noticed a fair number of people are into doing everything to increase the number of visits to various sites. Personally I don't care that much. If I have only 30 or so readers who are interested in what I'm writing about, then I'm very happy and grateful to those 30 people. Sure it's great to have a large readership, but it's hard to write well if you're thinking about readership. It's an art form and when you are trying to think of who is going to buy your art, you screw up. So I'm going to ignore the subscription list. If you like it; you read it.

What I'm trying to do is put out something with quality. I'm more interested in writing well and there are wonderful people who comment on what I've done. And you have no idea how that helps.

I've just had an interview with a wonderful lady: alderman Madeline King who is responsible for the downtown core. We talked for a little under half an hour but covered the main points. She is very concerned for the homeless mentally ill in her ward, and that's most of them in the city. She seems like she has the intestinal fortitude to instigate change. I think she's one of us.

I'll write up the interview as soon as I can.

No comments: